The windows outlook have every sort of features for the users to customize the mail account according to their need. If you desire then you can block all emails from everyone except outlook contacts. The setting is not so difficult but a very few outlook users know about this. In this article we will see how to block all emails from everyone except Outlook contacts. This setting is very effective to block unwanted mails and junk mails.
1. Here are the simple steps by which you can make your outlook account spam-proof.
2. Start with signing into the outlook first and go to your inbox. From the top right corner move your mouse cursor over the ‘options’ menu. Then choose ‘More options’ from the dropdown menu.
3. Up next, you will be taken to the ‘outlook options’ page. From this page you can customize your email account and profile according to your needs. Under ‘preventing junk mail’ in the second column, click on the link named as ‘Filters and reporting’.
4. At the next page, you will find several options to configure. Under ‘Choose a junk email filter’, Windows Live Outlook offers you two options. The first one is “Standard – Most junk email is sent to the junk email folder” which is by default selected. Change the selection to the second option i.e. “Exclusive – Everything is sent to the junk email folder except messages from your contacts and safe senders, Windows Live Hotmail service announcements, and alerts that you signed up for”.
5. This setting will block the all emails which are sent by the unauthorized users. When you will login in the future, you will see that all emails are from the safe senders are there.
6. Scroll down and click on the “Save” button to save your new setting and enable your exclusive inbox.
These are the simple steps for your outlook account to get rid of the spam.