If you still don’t know how to design a kitchen and want to get to work as soon as possible, congratulations! We have created the following article to give you 6 infallible tips that will help you remodel this space in your home. Keep reading to know more!
- Mix old and modern
Many think that to have a modern kitchen it is necessary to do a complete remodeling, but in reality it does not have to be that way.
In fact, one of the secrets to learning how to design a kitchen is to make the most of each of the objects and materials you already have basement remodeling in Waukesha.
The main reason, besides saving costs, is to maintain the feeling of a home environment. Even creating a balance between old and modern will help the design of this space last over time.
As for the walls, you can include kitchen ceramics in neutral tones, preferably white, beige or gray; since, in addition to being timeless, they will allow you to open the range of possibilities to try to combine with other materials or shades.
- Kitchen layout is important
Another factor that you must take into account to know how to make a kitchen is the distribution of the space. Above all, if you want this environment in your home to be very functional.
Basically, it is a distribution principle where at the tip of the triangle is the cooking area comprised of the stove, the oven and household appliances such as the microwave oven.
At one end of the triangle the sink area should be located where the dishwasher and dishwasher will be.
Now, at the other end (hopefully at the entrance) there should be the food storage area. That is, where the refrigerator and most of the pantry are located.
Keep in mind that the total sum of the sides of the work triangle must be at least 8 meters. This way, you will make your kitchen a relaxing and practical space when cooking.
- General areas that should be in modern kitchens
When you are learning how to design a small and functional kitchen, you will most likely overlook that there are some essential areas. Which are? Discover them below:
- Cooking area: here you should take into account gas connections for a state-of-the-art stove and oven.
- Sink area: generally this area focuses on the dishwasher, but you should pay attention to its distribution and space in case you want to include a dishwasher.
- Pantry area: for food to be better preserved, the space must have some specific characteristics. For example, spices cannot be near hot areas or brightly lit spaces because this can affect their quality.
- Storage area: check that the drawers and cabinets are designed to take care of your physical health. The less you have to bend, kneel, or stand on your toes, the better.
- Preparation area: Cooking should be a relaxing and non-stressful activity, so include a good counter or bar. A classic material is granite, but marble and quartz are trending.
- Look at the color palette of your kitchen
In previous sections we mentioned that neutral color tones are a plus when knowing how to design a small kitchen. But…
Not only because it is a neutral color that can be included in the color palette of any interior design style . Also because greige is very versatile and can be combined with both cold and warm colors.
Even if you want to add more lighting to a space, you just have to play with the intensity of its tones. This applies to both floor and wall materials, as well as furniture.
- How to design a kitchen through its accessories
We have already talked about color and layout, but if you really want to remodel a kitchen and create a new atmosphere, you should focus on accessories such as taps, extractor hoods and dishwashers.
For example, if you want a Provençal kitchen, include ceramic or quartz dishwashers (they are more durable) and an original option could be white faucets.
But, if what you want is an industrial type of kitchen, the extractor hoods, faucets and dishwashers should be black, copper or metallic. Also, don’t forget to include a subway-type ceramic backsplash. You will have an amazing kitchen!
- To know how to design a kitchen, natural light is important
It doesn’t matter if you have a small American kitchen or a large, modern kitchen, natural light is a must that you should take into account when remodeling.
Likewise, your visual fatigue is reduced when cooking and will generate greater well-being. For this reason, it is necessary that there be at least one window and that it be of considerable size.
If this is not possible, try to strategically include several artificial light lamps. Those with yellow light will give a feeling of a small, but cozy space. On the other hand, those with white light will give a feeling of more spaciousness.